Beating Antje with melee... is it doable?

Karkadinn

So, for my first playthrough I've been getting along with a blademaster and Sevilin, both built the same way - center tree and a bit of the left tree, lots of strength and endurance for meleeing. There've been a lot of tough boss fights, but I've always managed to pull through with smart consummable use... until Antje.

I cannot freaking kill this woman. I know what you're supposed to do, run find the wolf and everything, but it takes 3-4 turns minimum just to find the wolf, 3-4 more to kill it, and while Antje is vulnerable I'm lucky to get any melee hits on her at all, between the summons, the status effects, the healing, and the accursed knockback. I've spent ages trying and trying, but I just can't stay close enough consistently enough to make any significant progress. I only have to heal once every dozen turns or so, but she's too good at locking me down in the meantime.

Is there a way around this fight, or some strategy that could make it a lot easier, or am I just going to have to go back to the trainer and switch my bladesmasters to 'bowmasters' or farm a few more levels? Both chars are level 19 right now.

Your level does seem rather low at 19; usually I'm almost maxed out by this point. Ranged attacks are quite helpful for handling ensnaring and immobility and it's good to train in them for that reason alone. Nevermind, that typically dexterity is a better investment anyway.

Originally Posted By: Darth Ernie
go into combat and leave one character where the wolf appears.
then walk another character to anje and say hello with a firebolt.

^This

The wolf usually appears in the same spot every time. So if you leave one character over there before the battle starts to kill it, then the fight is much easier.

I did that, but it didn't help; the wolf has appeared in at least 3 different spots for me, so I assume it's a matter of RNG and y'all were just luckier than I was. Because of how long it took to find and kill the thing, my damage output and survivability were just too low to be able to outpace the fight's mechanics. Rather than go around farming xp and being bored out of my skull for a few hours, I decided to just start over from scratch and retry the 2-manning achievement later when I had a better idea of late game boss strategies. Thanks to all for trying to help, though.

I did that fight so that once Antje got invulnerable I moved chars to away from her and started looking that wolf and Shima found it and either Cordelia or Jenell helped Shima to kill it while either of them kept Antje busy and thenmoved chars to next to Antje and started hitting her again until wolf came again right where party was si it was easy to kill and Antje followed soon.