G3 going slow

I just put g3 and a4 onto my new laptop a day ago. I noticed that the animations on both those games were sloppy, slow and the game ran sluggish. To see if this was just those games, i downloaded g4, g5 and a5. All of them work fine with no slow. Are a4 and g3 part of the same engine. This must be because this laptop is windows 7.

You are not alone, A4 works badly on my win xp machine. Similar symptoms, sluggish especially in combat. Also the esc-menu takes several seconds to appear (ctrl-O for load menu is instant). G4 and A5 works great.

A4 worked well on the same machine four years ago. I've reinstalled windows a few times since, run lots of crap in the background, but my best guess is some incompatibility with the current ATI card. Had an nvidia card I had at the time.

Originally Posted By: Mivayan
You are not alone, A4 works badly on my win xp machine. Similar symptoms, sluggish especially in combat. Also the esc-menu takes several seconds to appear (ctrl-O for load menu is instant). G4 and A5 works great.

A4 worked well on the same machine four years ago. I've reinstalled windows a few times since, run lots of crap in the background, but my best guess is some incompatibility with the current ATI card. Had an nvidia card I had at the time.

Went from Nvidia to ATI 2-3 years ago and since then have that problem with the esc menu taking ages, not sure about sluggish combat. And yeah the newer engines run perfect.