There's still some essence left

I was thinking about possible ways they could bring about a new audience for geneforge. Somehow, the shapers are all gone, beaten by a much stronger side. That side also destroyed the rebels as well. You get the choice to follow the new way, the old shaper way or the rebel way.

-1) New Classes-There will be 3 of each of these guys. They will be average in 2 areas and weak in another. However they get 2 levels of stats-str, dex, etc. and those stats cost 1 less than usual.

-2) 2nd set of new classes. These guys are weak in 2 area and EXTREMELY STRONG in 1 area. The strong area has all skills cost 1 point. They also, being naturally talented, start with 3 levels in general skills.

I would really like for the games to continue as i am running out of ones to play smile

A possibility I can think of is the Sholai arriving to take over the aftermath of the war. Not sure if you could have more than three factions: Sholai, Remnant Shapers, and the rebellion. Shapers would want to put tighter control on shaping, rebels would want uncontrolled, and Sholai as Trakovites after seeing what shaping did to Terrestria; one second thought, there could be two sets of Sholai, ones like trajkov and ones like trakovites, use or avoid shaping. Either way, its more factions than G3 and G4.

I think there have been many posts relating to hope of a new geneforge game. It seems Jeff likes recycling games as it means less work to do to come up with stories and themes and goes straight to game development, and there seems to be enough potential customers. Why not have a geneforge 6?

Well like you said, the only that could write the game would be if the plot makes sense. I still think that what makes the geneforge games so much different than other games is the class system. When they say that each class plays different, they really do mean it. Ive played countless games in the past and the characters say different, but they are all mostly the same.

Adding the 2 middle ground/1 weak area would be new and innovative as you'd get more out of the physical stats, but you'd be more of a jack of all trades which is good i think. Definitely be interesting figuring out the classes for g6.