Triple Slartifer, Part 1

Slawbug

I'd prefer that you didn't google all of them the minute they are put up, so that other people get a chance to use their memories first. But at this point when no one seems to know them immediately, I don't see why not. Anyway, it's not like I can stop you.

Square One TV was really the best TV ever made.

Oh, I missed your other question.

Originally Posted By: HOUSE of S
#42 is wrong. (Also, where did this come from? Isimud is Enki's two-faced (literally) minister. What's the Hawkwind connection?)

One of the pages I read about Isimud said something about a birdman. After you rejected my answer, I went back and checked here and realized it was only saying Izzy brought a birdman, not that he was a birdman (e.g. hawk-related thing).

Edit: Just to be clear, I didn't not google or otherwise search for answers until Slarty granted permission; I actually remembered / figured out / made educated guesses about the earlier ones that I got correct. smile

NIKKI

Correct -- #21

+1 point, total points: 2

Your film reference is still wrong, but you got the lazy part, which I thought would make that one of easier PDNs to get. Guess not. The actual reference is to Tip, the protagonist of _The Land of Oz_ (immediately sequel to _The Wizard of Oz_), a young boy who brings his "son," Jack Pumpkinhead, to life. No spoilers, but that book is amazing.

Ha! All this time, I had unconsciously been reading it as 'Psychopomp', without even realizing the switcheroo.

By the way, could we get some explanation for "10. Argg v. Ed-Hajjaj - You must gain 1 spam if able"? It's probably another Magic joke, but I don't get the references. Orgg, perhaps, but I don't see how that fits with the clue.

When Inanna is trapped in the underworld by her sister Ereshkigal, Enki creates and sends semi-human creatures to arrange her release: in one version, it is a homunculus called, no joke, Good-Looks the Playboy.

STANDINGS AFTER PART 1:

19 Triumph

11 Dikiyoba

08 Randomizer

07 Jewels

07 Dantius

05 Dintiradan

04 Niemand

02 Nikki

01 Skwish-E

01 Sarachim