Servile loving newbie needs help.

Hi, a geneforge newbie here. Just purchased Geneforge 4, my first spiderweb software game. I was absolutely clueless on what to do with the experience points at first.

Perusing the forum thread and strategy central did help a little.

Sadly, there aren't many info on Servile class(Aside from several playrthroughs and builds). Matt P's Geneforge 4 FAQ is somewhat lacking in my opinion(no offense to the author).

Classes and character info have yet to be added, I suspect that he didn't have time to try out the other classes/races. His FAQ is more shaper/infiltrator oriented I will say.

2+ hours of gameplay invested and I am loving this long nosed(mouth?) race. Powerful melee and daze spell just 'clicked' with my kind of play style. Personally, I don't care much for the micromanagement aspect of the lifecrafter class.

On to my questions

1.I am currently at Sinkhole Bridge, planning to help out the rebels. Saving them nets you 40 XP as I can see. Does killing them for the Shaper gives you more XP?I do plan on going the slightly pro-shaper side later on.

This is my current stats

Str-7

Int-4

Dex-3

Endu-4

Melee-5

Missile-2

Quick AC-3

Parry-5

Battle M- 2

Mental M- 6

Blessing M- 2

Spellcraft -0

Leadership-6

Mechanic-8

No points are added to the shaping stats. Is this an 'ok' build? Would the leadership be adequate for now?

3.I understand that infiltrator and lifecrafter game pacing gets quicker and easier as they progress.

As for Servile, would there be a jump in difficulty at a certain point? Or would it be average all they way?

Playing as Servile has been moderately easy for now, I did die couple of times from fighting the battle alphas.

A strength of 7 made it easier though.

Question 1: check this out.

http://minmax.ermarian.net/g4/g4q.html

Question 2:

The main stats a Servile will find useful are Strength, Endurance, Melee Weapons, Quick Action, Parry, Blessing Magic, and possibly Mental Magic. Avoid putting anything into Int, Dex, Missile Weapons, and Battle Magic. Healing Craft is useful for you but you'll want to avoid using skill points there when possible, as it is expensive for you.

Question 3:

Serviles are great in G4. There was some disagreement on this point, but the general consensus was that Serviles, Infiltrators, and Lifecrafters were all great options. Lifecrafters had the most raw power, while Serviles the most defensive flexibility, and Infilitrators of course are in between.

Also, if things get too hard, don't be afraid to change the difficulty setting. G4 can be very challenging.

Question 2:

Slarty is right for a melee fighting servile. For a missile servile than you want Dexterity, Missile Weapons, Parry, and Mental Magic. This method is closer to an Infiltrator in that you sneak around and pick them off one by one to avoid facing a swarm.

Mental magic is very important to daze and later charm foes. Why waste time shaping a creation when you can charm a temporary ally from the nearest foe.

Thanks for the reply, Slarty/Randomizer.

I am glad that my that I don't need to restart the game or anything.

It seems that helping the rebels doesn't effect the alignment much. I might kill them on my another future playthrough.

Based on the answers, I am guessing that my Str and Mental M is ok for now? I would probably concentrate my next points on leadership. Is blessing magic useful and worth investing?

I did try the lifecrafter class and I enjoy it well. I plan to finish my servile game first though.

EDIT:Is it alright to skip the Dumping Pits for awhile. The enemies don't mix well with my Servile.Is the essence shield worth it?

Blessing magic is only useful if you need the spells. Most of the higher ones help groups more than a single character. Just look at the spell descriptions.

Essence shield reduces damage.

The Dumping Pit is more for a missile character because of the turret obstacle course in the middle.