My Experiences

Solus Coda

Hi Jeff and Spiderweb Community,

I played Exile long ago, and for some reason lost track of Spiderweb Software during the Blades days. I recently felt some nostalgia and came back to your site, happily finding that there is a new game series called Avadon out, which I promptly purchased on the App Store.

I just wanted to tell you that I am incredibly impressed with Avadon and your immense story-telling abilities. I've been enjoying Avadon more than many of the top grossing games that are for sale done by huge studios and it is because of your attention to detail and your ability to weave an intricate and fascinating plot. I signed up to the forum for the sole purpose of letting you know that your game is excellent, and that I am looking forward to seeing the continuation of this new Avadon Realm in future games. Please never stop putting in the level of thought and effort into your games that makes them so enjoyable.

Thanks for the hours of fun!

If you enjoyed Exile and Avadon, you definitely need to have a go at Jeff's other games. Never got into exile myself, but I've enjoyed all the others. Avernum is like exile with a new engine. Nethergate is a lot of fun, and Jeff put in a lot of effort researching history to make it, but it is one of his worse selling games. The first two games in the Geneforge series are my favorite Spiderweb Software games. Honestly I felt a little disappointed in Avadon, because I didn't like how linear and "hand-holding" it felt, but it is still an amazing game, worth playing without a doubt.

Nethergate: Resurrection, the remake of Nethergate, sold very well but Jeff has no more interest in using the Blades of Avernum game engine that it used. Nethergate used several ideas that went into the early Avernum games including a three dimensional playing field where you could change levels during combat to reach your foes.