Possible bug in the Electrified Fields

Hi all,

I've been playing Geneforge 4 for a while now and think it's great, but I came across what I think is a bug in the game.

In the Electrified Fields area, my understanding is that the switch in the South West should turn off the electricity in the South East, making a canister available (or at least this is what a walkthrough that I found says). However, I have pulled the switch and nothing happens.

Two questions:

1. is this really a bug in the game, or am I mistaken?

2. if this is a bug, any way around it so I can get the canister? I'd prefer not to cheat (I'd like to win the game fairly), but if this is the only way I can solve the problem, then that's OK.

thanks

The Electrified Fields has several switches that turn off different sections. In some cases you have to turn off more than one to clear a path. I don't remember if that is the correct one that you need or if there are two different ones in that part.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. That way you can consider just raising endurance and resistances so you can just walk through those pesky electrical fields. smile

Edit - some switch boxes are partially concealed by shrubbery.

In general, if a walkthrough says A and A does not happen, it's probably not a bug. Most likely you didn't do something you needed to do (maybe because the walkthrough explained it poorly); next, there is the chance that the walkthrough is just wrong.

If someone in the game says A should happen and A does not happen, that's a different story.

Thanks for the replies. True...the walkthrough may be wrong (I tried to read as little of the walkthrough as possible since I didn't want to read any other spoilers).

But, there was something fishy that happened in the game. The first time that I walked up to that particular switch and flicked it, the game said something like "You flick the switch a few times and nothing happens.". In the past, I only got those messages after already having flicked it once (this is what made me think I should look at a walkthrough).

However, if no one else has encountered this bug, then it may not really be a bug.

• 1 month later...