Titan fortress minor bug/query (with spoilers)

Alberich

I'm playing through first time on Torment as a Shaman. When I got to the Titan Fortress assault, I wasn't about to have the troops join me in a frontal attack. Instead, I got near each succeeding "layer" of defenders and had them chase me back to the camp, where we ganged up on them, and I was able to rest & recover each time.

When the fourth and final wave of defenders came (or about half of them), and we started attacking them, the game announced that one of them was blowing a horn to summon the pack, and that the final defense of the fortress had begun (which came off a little odd as the fortress was nowhere nearby - this is the minor bug of the title). When I went back and finished off the fortress, I rechecked the camp, but everyone had disappeared.

My question is - did I miss anything important by not having the soldiers charge in? (I mean, interesting dialogue, items, clues, etc.)

There is some really interesting dialog with the commander when you "ask" them to help with the Keep's lower level. smile

No difference in items and slightly different experience because of death blows.

The camp emptying is triggered by you reaching a certain place. The final defenders are the wolves joining in the fight.

Randomizer - thanks! But about "death blows" - does that mean I'm foregoing XP when an NPC strikes the death blow? (Not that it matters much with level capped at 30 - a feature I actually like as long as the game remains winnable.)

Master1 - Good on ya - I think it would've been fun to let you talk to the camp commander after that. "Can the assault begin?" "It's already over."

If an NPC kills a monster than you usually don't get experience, not that it makes much difference with a level 30 cap. But if you are careful and only go after the very injured enemies than you can get the experience without doing much work.

The fun message is:

Click to reveal..
calling them cowards after fighting all the way to the fortress and getting their reactions.

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
If an NPC kills a monster than you usually don't get experience,

Because of this, I hate all quests where you are required to take an NPC with you, and I always seek death kills, even if it prolongs the fight. It's a nasty habit I've gotten from playing games with finite exp and high level caps.