A4 difficulty level kinda wonky

Rogozhin

Hi all. So, I'm playing through A4 for the first time in a long while, and it's just way too easy. I forgot to set the difficulty when I made my initial characters, so I set it to torment on the preferences screen when starting out. Should be the same, right? Says 'Torment' whenever I go to check my settings.

Problem is, most bad guys hit my fighters for 0, 1, or 2 damage. Even mini-bosses, like the Slith Avatar, don't do any melee damage. I am still vulnerable to elemental damage, though.

So, is this just the way the game is, or am I not really playing torment? (Amazing how much gameplay improved from A4 to A5 and A6.)

What's your party build? That sounds like a bug, actually; you should be getting hit much harder than that on normal difficulty, and the difficulty should adjust whenever you change it in the preferences.

—Alorael, who wonders how one triggers that bug. Inquiring cheaters would love to know.

I think its a bug. I take fire, cold, poison, etc. like normal, but I take extremely little melee damage. As in, usually no damage at all when hit. I just downloaded the game last week, so it's definitely weird. Takes a lot of the challenge out of the game, and unfortunately I don't have enough spare time to re-download and start over.