In A4, what's better: Slith Bloodspear vs Jade Halberd??

Flipstylez

What should I use?

Slith Bloodspear (10 lbs.):

Base Damage 12-48

+10% to Fire Resistance

+5% to hit chance

----

Jade Halberd (13 lbs.):

Acid

Base Damage 12-48

+10% to Hostile Effect Resistance

+10% Protection From Weapons

--

On paper, it's lookin like it's the Jade Halberd, but I could've sworn, the Bloodspear does something that wasn't listed... does anyone know?

I may be misremembering, but I think the Jade Halberd did physical damage with additional acid damage over time, meaning that even against acid-immune enemies it does the same damage. In which case the halberd is just straight up better, as the acid DOT is pretty useful, and the 10% hostile effect resistance is phenomenal. So yeah, I'd go for the halberd. Also, by the time you get these weapons, your hit chance should be high enough that the bonus on the bloodspear is basically irrelevant.

Honestly, even if it did (and I'm dubious about that) it wouldn't sway things in my book. Bless is a cheap, low-level spell, and since it affects the whole party it's not like random blessings are all that useful if you're not playing a singleton. 10% armor (which if memory serves is what 'protection from weapons' means, minus the bonuses that most armor gives) and HER is better than you see on most armors and accessories, let alone weapons.

Originally Posted By: Earth Empires
it gives you 10% more protection against weapons but spells and fists (and maybe giants rocks) do same amount damage on character than before.
Im not entirely certain, but doesnt the +10% to Hostile Effect Resistance protect against magic? Even if the +10% Protection From Weapons doesnt protect against fists and (maybe) giants rocks, it is still worth it compared to the bloodspear.

My understanding is that HER increases everything but armor (physical resistance), though I wouldn't swear to that.

...Checked in A6 (my A4 saves got erased when my hard drive died earlier this year). Unless it's changed from 4 to 6, HER increases all resistances except armor.

As for protection from weapons, I'm pretty sure you're wrong. I don't think A4 (or any of Jeff's recent games, for that matter) differentiate between types of physical damage. As far as I'm aware, protection from weapons is basically armor, except it increases only armor% instead of giving a bonus to fire/ice/energy/stun resistance equal to half the armor value.