Patches?

Tao Drifter

I've just discovered the wonderful world of Avernum recently. First of all, a big thank you to the team that developed this game.

My question is in regard to patches. I did a search, but didn't get any hits for patch. And on the main page I didn't see any mention of patches. So are there patches for the game that I should install?

I'm sure there be more questions in the future, but right now just having fun exploring the game's world.

My theory is that the only one who can tell a Dikiyora's gender is another Dikiyora. Since Dikiyoba is (I assume) unique to the Spiderweb boards, only he/she/it/whatever (I don't play the pronoun game, Diki, sorry) could give you that sort of information. I for one am not going to waste time on speculation.

And a solution has already been provided: forget Schoolhouse Rock, ignore pronouns, and refer to Dikiyoba by name.

—Alorael, who is mostly glad not to have to deal with ey and ze. There's nothing wrong with gender-neutral pronouns, but in the absence of any kind of consensus or wide recognition they usual result in more confusion than satisfaction. (Of course, the only way to promote recognition is to use the neologisms, but they're still not quite elegant language yet.)

Originally Posted By: demons will charm you
And a solution has already been provided: forget Schoolhouse Rock, ignore pronouns, and refer to Dikiyoba by name.

—Alorael,
Normally, that's what I do, but that was probably the only time I've ever needed a pronoun.
Quote:
There's nothing wrong with gender-neutral pronouns, but in the absence of any kind of consensus or wide recognition they usual result in more confusion than satisfaction.
Hence my ignorance in that department. I think it's better if I stick with the non-pronoun option, just to be safe.