A6 - Nephilim Bandits (Dharmon) quest - what's wrong?

I'm trying to do the Nephilim Bandits quest. I've been to the northern mine west of Dharmon and searched the goblin body several times. However, when I try to open the door in the southern mine (also west of Dharmon) I get the "lock too complex, can't pick it" message.

My inventory doesn't list any iron key or goblin key or anything like that. I've got the Necromancer key (btw, did that key open anything?), Wilkie's key, Trinket's key, and food depot key. Also, the leather scrolls and turquoise bracelet.

Am I missing something? Halp!

I just checked, the farmer is Dragan, the guy with the mushrooms hidden in his basement.

If you talk to Dragan, there are initially 3 convo options. I don't know exactly what you have to do (I guess get the neph bandit quest, but I was pretty sure I already had it when I talked to him before...my memory could be faulty though) but I just went and talked to him and there was a 4th option. It's something like "I'm hunting the neph bandits." Something tells me that when I go check the goblin corpse I'll find that key.

Yep, when I searched the body again I got extra text and now I've got "Key - Abandoned Mine" in my special inventory.

Thanks for the tip!

Originally Posted By: Øther
The necromancer's key opens his house, which is in a mine near where you killed him. You will know when you get to the right mine.

Is this the place in the mine that has a small alcove protected by a barrier, behind which is a spell book that adds +2 to your mind shield or cure mental (can't quite remember which)?

Originally Posted By: So Much Killing
Originally Posted By: Peter Principle

Is this the place in the mine that has a small alcove protected by a barrier, behind which is a spell book that adds +2 to your mind shield or cure mental (can't quite remember which)?

Yes.

That's weird, because I went there before I helped Leonhardt kill the necromancer, and I got everywhere in his hangout, got the spell book and everything. I did have to bump my lockpick up to 12. Is that what the key would have done for me? Let me get around the 12 lockpick requirement?

• 10 years later...
On 2/5/2021 at 4:13 PM, actionmod said:

Nope i Cant find the key

help please i go everywhere

Well, in case you just need it clear and concise:

#1 Must talk to farmer Dragan a little to the north, conversation option 4. If there are only 3 conversation options, make sure you have the quest, and do anything what might be required for that option 4 because it is necessary

#2 key is on a goblin body in northern mine west of Dharmon, once you've spoken to Dragan about the quest.

Any luck so far, pilgrim? 😊