AV4 improvements copied from AV5

posfan12

In order to make AV4 more like AV5 (since some features are superior IMO), I reduced the weight of all non-equippable items to 0, and the value of all items worth less than 4 coins to 0. If anyone wants a copy of the file I can post it here.

One thing I still don't like is how much shorter the movement ranges seem to be in AV4. In AV5 it seemed you could move farther before running out of action points. Also, I don't remember ever seeing a "You don't have enough action points to perform this action" message in AV5. Kind of annoying. Not sure how to "fix" this.

Originally Posted By: posfan12
One thing I still don't like is how much shorter the movement ranges seem to be in AV4. In AV5 it seemed you could move farther before running out of action points. Also, I don't remember ever seeing a "You don't have enough action points to perform this action" message in AV5. Kind of annoying. Not sure how to "fix" this.

It's annoying, but I did like it in the earlier Geneforge games. It made you stop and think about what combination of movement/crystals/attacking you wanted to do, and it certainly made Haste more interesting.

Of course, now we're spoiled, so if Jeff tries to change it back he'll be deluged in complaints about how unfairly hard the game is now.

Meh. The thing I don't like about it is that your melee characters can't reach enemies and attack them in the same round. Meaning that only my archer is actually doing anything for the first round of every battle. Unless you want to give the enemy a free chance to whack you with no response, or waste a bunch of MP on low-level critters. This draws out the length of the game as a whole with no apparent benefit.

Originally Posted By: Txgangsta
If you have a mac version, I'd love you to post it. Thanks!

Here's my edited av4itemschars.txt:

deleted broken code tag