Text editor settings?

Here's a similar topic from about a year ago. I use Programmer's Notepad, along with a .schemedef I wrote that will highlight all the AvernumScript keywords and functions.

The original poster in the linked thread was a Windows user, so if you're a Mac user not many of the suggestions will be useful. I know that jEdit is crossplatform, and I think Arancaytar wrote an AvernumScript plugin for it.

I used to use plain Wordpad. Now I use Notepad++. But I don't really use a text editor to keep track of my semicolons and brackets; if I make a "{" bracket, I immediately make a "}" bracket as well. At the end of a loop or large block enclosed in {} brackets, I also usually add a comment to say what code I enclosed.

Code:
while (i < 3) {     if (char_has_item() > 0)         print_str();     else {        if (my_loc_x() > 35)         damage_near_loc();          else message_dialog();         } // this closes the original else block     } // this closes the while loop

Originally Posted By: Dintiradan
The original poster in the linked thread was a Windows user, so if you're a Mac user not many of the suggestions will be useful. I know that jEdit is crossplatform, and I think Arancaytar wrote an AvernumScript plugin for it.
For Mac, I recommend TextWrangler. I created two TextWragler language modules for AvernumScript, one for data scripts and one for other scripts; they are available here. You would have to put those files where TextWrangler can find them, and then you would have to launch TextWrangler and tell it that each file is AvernumScript by opening it, selecting AvernumScript from the language menu at the bottom of the window (which will say "none" initially), and saving. It will then remember your setting.

Originally Posted By: Ishad Nha
For Windows, Notepad C++ and Crimson Editor are quite good.
I just downloaded and played around a little bit with Crimson Editor, and so far it seems like a great upgrade from Wordpad as a script editor (especially when it comes to line numbers and color-coding). Does anyone have an Avernumscript custom syntax file for Crimson Editor?

EDIT: Never mind, I made one myself; it was a lot easier than I thought.