Avernum 6 Script Editing

I've always thought that if Jeff did a little back-scripting, Geneforge could just be the above ground version of Avernum. He truly does have a great formula for making games, and it doesn't take that much of a change of basics to make something new and interesting at spiderweb software.

I was surprised that someone hadn't already attempted this.

i like creatures so since Avernum 6 has summoning spells i thought that could edit those spells to make them summon different creations just go to av6objsmisc in the scripts folder in avernum 6 and find begindefineability 240; below that is call beast, minor summon, summon aid, arcane summon, summon shade and divine host

then choose which one you'd like to alter once thats done find the ab_summon_what_char = number; and the list i will post has numbers and what they summon but back up your scripts before you do this the numbers:

0=Cave Wolf 25% or Huge Bat 25% or Cave Crawler 25% or Cave Worm 25%

1=Giant Lizard 20% or Fierce Rat 20% or Giant Spider 20% or Dire Wolf 20% or Goblin Warrior 20%

2=Spitting Wrymkin 14% or Fire Lizard 14% or Fierce Rat 14% or Hellhound 14% or Searing Slime 14% or Wight 14% or Chitrach 14%

3=Mutant Lizard 14% or Plated Chitrach 14% or Worg 14% or Frozen Worm 14% or Warped Wolf 14% or Experimental Rat 14% or Rabid Hellhound 14%

4=Shade 50% or Greater Shade 50%

5=Ghost 100%

6=Cryos Demon 25% or Cave Demon 25% or Firey Demon 25% or Soulsear Demon 25%

7=Writhing Mass 14% or Skeletal Warrior 14% or Gnawing Stoneworm 14% or Enormous Cavebat 14% or Terror Wolf 14% or Pustulant Zombie 14% or Guardian Hellhound 14%

8=Unused

9=crashes game

10=crashes game

11=PC base 33% or thug 33% or Slith Enchhanter 33%

12=Unused

13=crashes game

14=Unused

15=Unused

16=Unused

17=Unused

18=crashes game

19=Unused

20=Unused

oh yeah look at what found in av6floorster:// Basic Geneforge Script

// This is the script for the basic Geneforge scenario.

beginscenscript;

// well thats weird Avernum 6 runs off a Geneforge script so does that mean its technically Geneforge 6? no i made similar asumptions and they were wrong but still its weird that Avernum 6 uses Geneforge scripts