Vlish in Geneforge 2

I'm a Guardian playing Normal, so I'll survive one way or another. That said, if I start raising a team of vlish as soon as I reasonably can, will they level enough throughout the game to be more valuable than the fewer number of glaahks or eyebeasts I might have eventually created?

If you support the decision to go full Vlish, should I create as many as I possibly can?

How much essence do you have at the moment? Vlish take 15 essence points to make, and an extra 5 or so to control them in combat, which you'll really want them to do to keep them from doing stupid things. At that point in G2, I rarely have enough for more then 2 or maybe 3 Vlish if I want any essence saved for healing spells, which you'll want. You can hold off from increasing their stats, save two points in Intelligence.

That said, yes, Vlish are quite good, and if you know how to handle a party with them well, you can manage. If you really want to see Vlish kick arse, play G3 with a Shaper and a horde of Terror/Regular Vlish.

Well, it does get a bit silly eventually, when you can be mobbed by Rotdhizons and riposte them all to death by just standing there. If the animation showed you being a spinning tornado of steel and death, it might be better, but with the limited G2 combat animations, it just makes the monsters look like extreme doofs, to the point where you can start to feel bad about taking advantage of them.

• 3 months later...
Originally Posted By: Student of Trinity
If the animation showed you being a spinning tornado of steel and death, it might be better, but with the limited G2 combat animations, it just makes the monsters look like extreme doofs, to the point where you can start to feel bad about taking advantage of them.

Never feel bad taking advantage of gameplay situations!

This is how the developer wanted it...