A6 - Question on eating

Acky

Originally Posted By: *i
It is automatic if you have {food} in your inventory. If you don't you go hungry and have battle penalties.

I haven't played A6 in a while, but I did have a question about food when I was playing.

When I played before, at first I thought just one character needed to carry (some) food, and everybody would be covered; but then something happened that caused me to question that, and from then on, I had all 4 of my characters put (some) food in each of their inventories.

So:

Does every character need to have (some) food in their inventory?

Or does just one character need to carry around food, and all 4 characters will be covered by that? (And, if this is so, does it have to be your first character who carries the food in his/her inventory, or can it be any of the four?)

TIA.

Only one character needs to have food and it can be whichever party member you like. The first food item in your group's inventory is the piece that gets eaten. (So food in quick item spots get eaten before food in the pack and food in the lead character's inventory will get eaten before food in the other characters' inventories.)

Dikiyoba.

The only difficulty that may arise is if your food-bearer happens to get killed. That food will no longer be available to you, and you may see a few warnings about hunger affecting your ability to fight. But it's usually pretty easy to get back to a town and Return Life scrolls are not particularly scarce, so it's not that big a deal.

Originally Posted By: The Turtle Moves
The only difficulty that may arise is if your food-bearer happens to get killed. That food will no longer be available to you, and you may see a few warnings about hunger affecting your ability to fight. But it's usually pretty easy to get back to a town and Return Life scrolls are not particularly scarce, so it's not that big a deal.

Plus, there's only a few points in the game where inventory space is an issue, so most of the time you can divide your food up among the party members to avoid this situation. You don't have to; but most of the time, there's no reason not to.