Geneforge 3.

Antarctica

Need help, I'm stuck inside the Madness Mire. When I head south to the Infested Pathway and try to open the door, the bottom dialogue says something about me not having a key to open it, and it's too complicated to pick lock. How do I get out?

And at the end of Geneforge 2, something is mentioned about doors in Taker lands that can't be opened, is the information about that released in G3? If so, what is in the doors?

Originally Posted By: Antarctica
And at the end of Geneforge 2, something is mentioned about doors in Taker lands that can't be opened, is the information about that released in G3? If so, what is in the doors?

Yes, but I don't think you learn about it until near the end of G3. It's obvious once you get there, though.

Click to reveal..
There was a new, stronger drakon growing back there. Now he's free and in charge of the rebellion. You don't get to meet him, though, because he's too busy causing chaos on the mainland.

Dikiyoba cannot answer your other question, unfortunately.

Originally Posted By: Antarctica
Need help, I'm stuck inside the Madness Mire. When I head south to the Infested Pathway and try to open the door, the bottom dialogue says something about me not having a key to open it, and it's too complicated to pick lock. How do I get out?

So let me get this straight; you're in the Madness Mire zone, and when you exit that zone...you can only go to the Infested Pathway? I was pretty sure that just getting through Infested Pathway cleared it. It should be green on your map, meaning you could just go to another zone. You shouldn't need to ever to go back to Infested Pathway.

But you say you're ending up at the north end of the Infested Path and cannot get through the door? That sounds weird, but I have no idea what problem would be. If you could get through the door going north into Madness Mire, nothing changes that should stop you from going back. Maybe there's a technical, programmy problem?

• 2 weeks later...

You asked for it....

Click to reveal..
Well, basically there are two endings, rebel, and shaper.

As a rebel, for the endgame you go to Dhonal's Keep and eventually kill Lord Rahul, then return to the Drakon rebel leader Akhari Blaze. This makes it safe for him to activate the Drakon-Geneforge he's built, and he becomes a new Ur-Drakon. You are then sent back to the mainland. You land near a city that appears in G4 (Porphyphra or something like that) and get captured by the Shapers. They learn from you all the stuff you did in the Ashen Isles, and how you helped the Rebels and Drakons. Meanwhile the war is already going on the mainland, and comes to where you are, rescuing you. You become a great rebel leader, leading a legion of free serviles against the Shaper forces, enmeshed a long war with no end in sight.

As a Shaper, you go to the Isle Spears, infiltrate the rebel fortress of Benerii-Eo, kill or spare Litalia, defeat Akhari Blaze, and destroy his Geneforge. You return triumphantly to Lord Rahul, then head out for the Mainland. You arrive at the same place, end with the Shapers the same way, report on what you did the same way. They mostly like you, although if you were a big canister user they won't like you at first. But when a rebel attack comes, you totally save the day, from there become a major Shaper military leader, enmeshed in a long war with no end in sight.

The islands also get endings. The Rebels let the "rebels" on Harmony Isle live quietly on their own. They wipe out the Shapers on Dhonal's Isle. Gull Island gets largely forgotten, although Greta ends up there being diplomatic and helping serviles and drayks to get along. Isle of Spears becomes a great fortress and base of the rebellion. Whether or not you destroyed the Creator on Dhonal's Isle tweaks this slightly.

The Shapers are pretty similar: "rebels" on Harmony Isle are defeated, Dhonal's Isle becomes a major base for Shapers, nothing important happens on Gull Island so people ignore it, and the Shapers return to finish wiping out the Rebels on the Isle of Spears. I think Alwan helps with that.

There may be a couple other variations, but not many.

At the end of both endings, you learn that super-boss-Drakon Ghaldring is watching over everything that's going on and making secret plans.