Genefordge items

anndel

Originally Posted By: anndel
Does anyone know what you can use the scales you find lying around for? You can sell them-but thats about it.

Fyora scales and the like, right? You can use some of them to craft wands and rings--nothing hugely important. You can find the recipes scattered in books throughout the game.

Dikiyoba.

• 1 month later...

Actually, Dikiyoba, the wands and rings are quite useful. i have found that those rings can actually deflect a lot more than they should. I have a character that blocks half of enemy attacks because of the deflection band. Also, with the right statistics, the wands can become more powerful than the master spells that my agent uses. Also, I think the scales can be used to make artifacts, though i am not quite certain.

There is no such thing as a Deflection Band. There is a Projection Band, which doesn't actually protect the PC at all. There aren't any rings that provide anything remotely close to blocking half of all enemy attacks, though. I think you are misinterpreting something.

Impervious bands shouldn't be able to block half of the damage you take themselves. With other armor and artifacts though, that is entirely possible. I prefer to just use the rings that are better that you can find, though not as useful if you need protection.

Scales are for rings and wands as Dikiyoba said, and could be used in Geneforge 3 for making golden crystals. Maybe on fourth one too.