A6 - Sorengard has left the building

RexK_99

I was looking at an early saved game of my wife's and noticed the Sorengard quest. However, in my current game, he is no longer in his room. He has disappeared. I did speak with him earlier, but he sent me to Horn. I guess I did not press him enough to get a quest directly from him. I have completed all the other quests(not finished with Gladwell yet) in Patrick's Tower including the job board. Everyone else is still there. Did he wander off? will he appear in a different location later? Does it really matter?

Sorengard is still working on a sentinel in the southwest part of Patrick's Tower.

Archmage Solberg and Cheeseball leave shortly after telling you to assist in the mushroom testing with Horyn. It's possible to talk to him before he leaves and he will tell you that he is leaving to show Avernum what he is capable of doing. Solberg reappears in Fort Duvno and you will assist him later in the game.

In one of the parties I had made, when I first got to the tower, Solberg was never there and I was able to help right away. In another game, I was told that I needed permision to first, and I was really confused on why I couldn't help, and after walking around for I while I found Solberg and got my permission. In my first game, I had gone up to Sorengard and was told that he was temporarily running the tower, and that Solberg had gone off to fight the hord. Does anyone know why this happened?