A6 - Formello

BrownieMix

So I just survived the quest to assassinate the two leaders, and am now safely back at the Castle. However, I'm curious - can I go back there and explore? There seemed to be some cool areas to explore, not to mention untold treasure to find.

There were also like 20 1000 HP Sliths preventing me from finding anything...does anyone know if you can go back there?

You can -- and should; there are some nice items -- go back and finish looting the tunnels and the interior of the headquarters building, if you didn't do that before you left. Trying to loot the rest of the city is a waste of time, though -- in addition to the ones that start there, once you exit the building, two 1,000 HP sliths (worth 0 XP, I"m told, although I wasn't really paying attention to that) spawn every 3 or 4 rounds for as long as you're willing to stick around and fight them.

Even on Normal, I couldn't make any progress -- the best I managed was to kill them as fast as they spawned; I never managed to advance anywhere or have free rounds available for looting. I know some of the powergamers have gotten further, but even they say there's nothing out there worth the effort. I suspect I might be able to make some progress if I turned the difficulty down to Casual, but it was sufficiently boring that I'm not tempted to try. I'd just avoid the whole thing and stay inside the headquarters.

Come back when you are over 30th level and it won't be quite as bad. I did most of this during the original fight and it's hard even on normal since the sliths constantly respawn at each gate and those ones give no experience.

Items of interest:

Almarian Wine, Fine Slith Spear - C

Blessed Broadsword, Ruby, Drakeskin Bracers, Blessed Bauble, Yew Longbow, Flawless Crystal - CSE

Steel Dagger, CABINET - Yew Bow, Shaman Kshhh (kill) - Chainmail Vest - CSW

BOX - 29c, Knowledge Elixir - CSW

BOX - Fine Razordisk (6), c39 ? - CSW

Research Notes, DESK - Curing Elixir - SW

Arena Upper Tier - NE

Gremlin Wine (2), Golden Goblet (2), BOX - Crystalline Plate (34% Armor, +50% Stun Resistance, -20% Hit Chance, +15% Acid Resistance, +15% Energy Resistance), Blessed Halberd (15-60 damage) - NE

The knowledge elixir and armor make another trip worth it.

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
Arena Upper Tier - NE
Gremlin Wine (2), Golden Goblet (2), BOX - Crystalline Plate (34% Armor, +50% Stun Resistance, -20% Hit Chance, +15% Acid Resistance, +15% Energy Resistance), Blessed Halberd (15-60 damage) - NE

The knowledge elixir and armor make another trip worth it.

Absolutely. But note that you can get the items above without stepping outside the palace and triggering the spawns. The only thing worth going outside for is the knowledge elixir. And, even for that, I'm not sure I found it worth the aggravation of doing that fight.

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
You will get some unwelcomed guests from the south gate.

Only if you go up there right away after taking care of the Impaler. If you teleport back to the Castle, and then come back later, you'll be able to get to the upper tier, but you won't get slith spawning and running into the palace to bother you unless you actually step outside. You can wander around inside with impunity and no one will bother you.