A6 - Chiroptera (Solved)

How many bats? I kept dying until I survived about 7 of them. Seriously, I can't imagine beating it on Torment with my level 16 party. Would Ward of Blades help?

EDIT: Not to mention when I DO have my party oriented in a position to keep my mage safe, Chiroptera decides to STEP BACK and throw flames, not once, but twice.

The demon only spawns a bat when it's damaged. Focus on killing the bat before attacking the demon again, and don't use ongoing-damage effects like acid on the demon. That way, you only have to deal with one bat at a time.

Try and back the demon itself into a corner so that it can't throw flames at you. If there are two fighters next to it, it won't get far if it tries to move away.

Every time a bat is spawned, the demon gets a little weaker and takes more damage from your attacks. When you think it's weak enough that you can kill it in one round, hit it with everything you've got.

This is a difficult fight. If all else fails, come back later.

When I did the fight, I positioned myself so that the demon was in a doorway, and I was on the hallway side. This way, more than half of the bats spawned on the wrong side and weren't any threat at all. I think the demon never stepped back because after a couple of bats, he couldn't.

Beat him. Thankfully the demon didn't step back and shoot flames. I followed Thuryl's advice. By poking the demon and fighting one bat at a time, I kept working at it until he was weak enough I could take him out in two rounds.

I still can't imagine a singleton beating him on Torment. My priest still had to heal someone at least every other round. What a grind it would be if I didn't have two fighters and a mage to kill each bat.

Originally Posted By: Fael
Originally Posted By: Thuryl
Even I think that people who use singletons are crazy.

I think A5 was easier with a singleton than with a full party. Given the changes to the monster AI, though, I doubt that's the case in this version.

I found it was. I've almost finished my torment singleton. It's difficult at the beginning, be the literally hundred knowledge brews you can get crafted in Muck allow you to steamroller the rest of the game.