Game not working, Scripts suddenly missing[G5]

i was playing a new game last night till mera and everything worked fine. then when i loaded today there was no sound, no one was able to talk and i have no idea how to fix this. i tried the repair option, and reinstalling. i also tried running in the directX version, but it doesnt exist anymore.

anyone know whats wrong?

well for my problem, i just had to restore the preferences to default, turn the audio and visual effects on and back to normal. and then ingame i had to leave the area and return for the scripts to start working again.

i looked at older topics and it seems that others have had this problem, but theirs included the game unregistering, mine didnt.

NOTE: a more serious problem occurs from this. i has finishing up the Hunting Bennhold quest when i had the problem occur. so when i left and returned no one was left in the camp, all their items were laying as if killed, however there was no way to receive credit for this quest.

Ok this is ridiculous. the error has occured everytime i start over some time into the game. on my second character it unregistered the game and i lost all the items i had stored in an area. so on my third character, it unregistered again and when i fixed the register problem, all my items were again lost and i could not use any storage containers at all. i can not even use an anvil.

I am extremely pissed at the glitch and im tired of this happening.

There's no need to get offended. I didn't say that the problem is with your computer. I said the problem may be with your computer. If software doesn't work on your computer even though it's supposed to, and getting a new copy of the software doesn't fix the problem, there are only two options left. Either you or your computer. It's not personal, it's logic.

Originally Posted By: ryuhipowers
and to master1 dont post deciding that its my computer that the problem. this is the only game i have ever had issues with, geneforge 2, 3, and 4 ran perfectly (never played 1).

1. He's only trying to help, no need to get snappy

2. it doesnt matter if you played the previous ones on your computer because g5 works differently i beleive. The others worked perfectly on one of my computers and G5 didn't. so the chances are it might be your computer.