DECREASE a skill?

Sournote

Hey guys, so this is my first time playing a Spiderweb game in a long time (I think the original Exiles will always be my favorite), and I kinda messed up, and deferred "tool use" to a really poor character to use it. I'm not far, just got to Drake Pillars and would really like to switch my "tool use" skill to a more appropriate character, but I want to do it fairly.

The character I WANT to have the tool use points is no big deal, I can just spend her next few levels on the skill, but I can't figure out how to take AWAY the skill points in "tool use" I've already given to the bad character. I guess you can't do it in the editor, is there a way to do it manually?

Thanks alot guys.

Probably, since there are certain equips that decrease a skill in favor for another, so you could make an item take away tool use skill points while it is equipped, but you wouldn't get those skill points back. Once they are spent, they are gone. You could, I guess, use the editor to give you points in other areas to get back from the tool use points, but it depends on how much you are willing to cheat.

Well for the time being I've already calculated the amount of points I had the original character spent on tool use and added those to other things, since tool use is a passive skill and I've already gotten my replacement character higher anyway, it's not doing any REAL harm so much as it is pissing me off, ha.

I honestly haven't a clue how to go about setting up an item like that, but it seems like I'm going to have to learn.

Originally Posted By: Doom Warrior
Or, unless it really bothers you by being there, you could just use the editor and not bothering to make an item that takes away points. And one that you would have to remake often, seeing as you would be changing equips alot.

I'm not sure I follow what you're suggesting here, sorry for being slow.