Avernum Crash

jimbob

I recently received the CD for the Avernum Trilogy. It installs fine, but when I open it and try to start a new game, it never gets past the introduction storyline. It just freezes and I have to open the task manager to close it. Operating system is Windows Vista Home Premium. Thanks to everyone who responds!

By the way, are the versions that are available for download from the site the same as the ones on the CDs?

I am not very good with computers, so I am not sure what you are talking about. Could you clarify what legacy/compatibility mode is for me? Also, the demo runs fine, so that is why I was wondering if the demo is the same version with all of the updates as the CD version. If this is the case, then it does not matter if the CD version works or not, since the demo works fine, and all I have to do is use the key that was sent. However, it would be ideal if I could get the CD to work if it is the updated version of the downloadable demo. Thanks to everyone who replies!

I had the same problem on my Vista computer when I played Avernum.

1. Right click on the game shortcut

2. Select Properties on the pop-up menu

3. Select the Compatibility tab

4. Check off the box marked "Run this Program in Compatibility Mode for" and select Windows XP from the dropdown menu.

5. Hit ok and you're good to go.

Let me know whether it works!

Note you will probably have to do this for all three of the games.