Javelins or Batons?[G5]

Tough choice. Javelins do more damage early on and cost less (and weigh less for that matter), so I would stick with them for the first half of the game. However, once Reaper and Submission Batons start appearing, switch over to them. Reaper Batons have the largest damage multiplier, I believe. You should also use crystals whenever possible.

The Last Archon

Originally Posted By: Drakefyre
Discipline Wands are the most underrated weapon in the entire game. They still do massive amounts of damage to monsters that are immune to everything else in the endgame.

Have they gotten better over the course of the series? I only tried them in the first game, and found them to be inferior to my sword by the end.

Crystals got nerfed this game. Wands are okay especially area effect ones, but they tend to be weaker than melee weapons. Most wands don't do much because you don't increase dexterity and missle weapon skill.

DV used missle weapons for a character and did well by pumping it the whole game. You really have to work at it to make it do decent damage.

Discipline Wands do *not* do unblockable damage. They do damage of a special damage type that no creatures have inherent resistance to. However, the damage can still be reduced by magical shields. Also, it's possible that creatures with a Luck stat (like gazers) have some resistance to it as well -- I'm not sure about that though.

(And of course, they only work on creations.)