A3: Mayor Arbuckle and the Slime Quest

First, did you go through all the conversational options with Mayor Arbuckle to get the slime quest?

Second, are you sure you finished the Slime Quest? It doesn't finish in the Agate Tower, it finishes in the Slime Pit near Colchis.

If you've done all that stuff, then I don't know what to tell you....I'm not good at editing the program to add "Stuff Done" flags.

You might have to use the editor or restart the game.

I spoke to Mayor Arbuckle and went through all the options available when I first got to Krizan, and none of the options were about the slime quest. (One was about trying to pretend we weren't from Avernum, though I don't see why that would keep him from telling me to go on the slime quest.)

And yes, I know I've solved the slime quest because I killed the Alien Slime.

That doesn't sound right, why would the a quest in the demo section of the game need a certain reputation?

Unless you've done something to lower your reputation? Or maybe you didn't do some things in Upper Avernum before venturing out onto the surface.

Anyways, definitely check with the mayor once your reputation goes up a few points, maybe you'll still get the quest.

Alright, I just opened up Avernum 3 to test this out.

Mode: Easy with Standard Party with no customization.

The game opens with me in the little room. I equip the weapons and go to find Animaxander. After getting the quest from him to go and explore the surface, I equipped the weapons in the storage room and went straight away to the surface.

Fought the obligatory slimes that you see leaving Avernum, and then went straight to Krizsan. After telling me that his job is a nightmare, I ask him why, he tells me about the slimes and I got the quest. My reputation was level 20 (neutral) which is what you start the game with.

Therefore, your reputation level is not why you didn't get the quest.

Now that's truly weird. I'm going to go to him again when I get out of the Tower of Magi, and see if he gives me the quest or not.

If not, I think I'll just look up the reward and add it to my party via the character editor, because if it's some sort of bug, I'm not about to go restarting my game over it.

EDIT: Solberg won't teach me the spell, either. Bloody hell...