What does Kelner have to do with Patrick's Tower?

Might be SPOILY here, in case anyone minds

So, when u agree to kill the demon in the upper floor in the Tower Colony for Kelner, u get a key. It's description says that it opens some doors in the upper floor of PATRICK'S TOWER. This fake info got me stuck for a good while when I was trying to finish this quest. The same is with the second key that Kelner gives you, as the a reward - Patrick's Tower.

Anyway, this first key probably gets me nowhere in the upper floor, as the door in the SE corner of the left section upstairs won't open - the message about the lock being complex and me not having the proper key pops up. My Unlock Door spell wasn't very powerful when I last visited there. Can Unlock door open it at all?

The keys Kelner gives you are most definitely keys to the Tower Colony, not Patrick's Tower. The first helps you get through doors in the ruins to kill the demon, which you did. The second allows you to learn Dispel Barrier upstairs from Kelner's room.

There are a fair number of doors that can't be opened in the ToM, especially above X's room. Patrick's Tower also has a fair number of doors that are hard to open without doing quests.

—Alorael, who hopes he interpreted correctly.

Quote:
Anyway, this first key probably gets me nowhere in the upper floor, as the door in the SE corner of the left section upstairs won't open - the message about the lock being complex and me not having the proper key pops up. My Unlock Door spell wasn't very powerful when I last visited there. Can Unlock door open it at all?
The second key should open this door if you are talking about the one I think you are.

I basically was able to open the door above the Kelner's room in the Colony. It's just about these doors in the same "section" with the blue demon guy whose head I was after. There was a room with two mutant lizards and I meant the door east of them.

To think of it, perhaps the second key is the one that opens it, because having the first one I wasn't able to get in.

Anyway, I'm long past this problem, been to this room.

Thx everybody

Quote:
Originally written by Insane Scythe Guy:
... the door in the SE corner of the left section upstairs won't open - the message about the lock being complex and me not having the proper key pops up. My Unlock Door spell wasn't very powerful when I last visited there. Can Unlock door open it at all?
I did a little testing after someone said they opened the doors over X's place. It turns out that 100 TUS is needed to open doors that are 'unopenable'. (Intelligence, magery, spellcraft, mage spells and unlock doors spell level all count for .66 levels of TUS each, according to Slarty's (or was it Synergy's?) calculations.)