New Avernum 4 patches (Mac and Windows)

Spidweb

I have made two patches for Avernum 4, one for Mac and one for Windows. These patches make 2 changes:

i. The game will be much better at sharing system resources when in the background.

ii. You can no longer enter the Scree Caves except through Fort Emerald. This prevents some plot problems and the possibility of getting stuck in there.

If you have any problems with these updaters, please let me know at spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com.

Mac patch:

ftp://ftp.spiderwebsoftware.com/mac/Avernum4.v103.update.sit.bin

Windows patch:

ftp://ftp.spiderwebsoftware.com/win/Avernum4v101Updater.exe

- Jeff Vogel

Quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:
Thanks! It's always nice when you continue to support your games after releasing them.
Speaking of which, Jeff, once you're done (for the time being) patching up A4, would you mind doing a little support for BoA? We have some bugs we've found, some of which (the errors in corescendata, the problems in the documentation) would probably be easy to fix, and some of which just ought to be documented on your bugs page, because they might be hard to fix.

It'd be nice if you'd at least fix a few of the simpler bugs on your page and the problems in the docs and corescendata.