are there any hidden doors?

DweezelManSam

Not in the same way the previous games have them. Occasionally, someone will tell you about a secret passage. When you walk near it, you'll get a pop-up telling you about it, and the walls will change so you can enter.

There's no 'headbanging' against walls in Avernum 4.

Just be thankful I'm not in a sadistic enough mood today to tell you that there is for the express purpose of wasting your time. wink

EDIT: Curses! Beaten to it.

--------------------

I mean, if 10 years from now, when you are doing something quick and dirty, you suddenly visualize that I am looking over your shoulders and say to yourself: 'Dijkstra would not have liked this', well that would be enough immortality for me.

- Edsger Dijkstra

• 1 month later...

I, for one, insist on old-fashioned wall-bashing. Farsight is for people who don't respect walls. Or possibly people who play Dungeon Master and know that it's possible to commit suicide by hitting the wall repeatedly.

—Alorael, who does have to say that it would be nice if Avernum did something to mark known secret passages as Exile does.