Who here feels like powergaming the sects in Geneforge 2?

I've written up a short walkthrough on how to powergame the sects in GF2, milking them for all that they are worth.

In theory, it makes sense. All of it is based on personal experience and the mechanics of the game. However, I haven't done a complete play through with it.

So, is anyone willing to try it out for me? Follow the directions in my walkthrough and see if things work out. If there are any volunteers, PM me.

Here's how I powergame G2 (more of a guideline than a walkthrough):

I ask Shanti for as much training as she'll give me, to make me a little stronger earlier.

I train in leadership & mechanics, to get experience from certain better conversation options and from opening tougher locks, respectively.

I ride the fence as much as possible; this allows me to get more quests (up to a point), and gain that much more exp.

I buy two levels of a skill/ability from a trainer before using any canisters or skill points, to maximize the effect.

I'm an unrepentant thief, and will steal anything and everything if it has value, selling whatever I don't intend to use for extra cash.

Originally Posted By: Ghaldring
Yeah, but you give no advice on how to powergame the four sects. It's never really been resolved as to how one can milk the four sects for all that they are worth.

I mainly powergame in a more broad, generic sense. I usually just end up killing everybody, and to heck with the consequences. Besides, I said my method was more of a guideline.

I have two ways. Option 1- use the two cheats iloveserviles and ihateserviles a lot and it become easy.

Option 2- kill every non sect-related enemy in the game and go everywhere but Benerii-Uss, getting all the stuff from everywhere you can without commitment and without giving an opinion then go one way, milk, go the other way, milk. Hehehe, milk.

Brock:

Quote:

Option 1- use the two cheats iloveserviles and ihateserviles a lot and it become easy.

No it doesn't. It's hard to complete a sect's quests when you've killed the sect leader to complete a quest for another sect.

And why cheat when you can exploit oversights in the script?

Anyway, here's the first version of my guide to the sects of GF2. Enjoy.

http://www.box.net/shared/e099rcyq0c