redbeard's personal tower? (poss spoilers)

sazerac

When they cross the room and you get the message that they're heating up, that means their attacks have become much more powerful. The idea is that you're supposed to keep the sentinels on their own side of the room while you fight them, so that they won't heat up and start doing massive amounts of damage to you. The easiest way to do this is probably to use a summoned monster to distract the two on one side while you fight the two on the other side.

Aren't there three on each side? For my money, the only way I could find to beat them on torment, with at best 6-4 force distribution (6 golems vs. 1 tinkermage, 2 turrets, 1 wand/scarab summon), was to fight them long enough to kill one or two, run out of the room, leave Avadon, then come back. At this point they had returned to their previous positions, minus any that I'd destroyed. Rinse, lather, repeat once or twice, and you have yourself a manageable fight. Cheesy, yes, but sans cheese I found the fight essentially impossible, harder by a large margin than Vardegras or the tinkermage constructs. The golems are strong enough that they'd make for a fairly challenging fight for a party of three, let alone a party of one.

This fight was easy if you made use of the stairs....lure them near the stairs, run down the stairs without leaving combat mode, come back up and you get a free round of attacks. This one was very easy with a shaman and a summoned drake because I could go downstairs, wait a round for the drake's inferno breath to recharge, then run back up and have him gush fire all over the whole pack of golems, then run back down without them attacking at all. Since I didn't leave combat mode, they never healed. The second floor responds to similar tactics as well. Thanks to the free round of attacks I imagine you could do this with any of the other classes just using their ranged attacks, but it seemed custom-made for the shaman. (I don't know what would happen if you were a tinkermage, planted your turrets near the stairs, then ran down and up the way I suggest.)

I'm pretty sure there are only two on each side.

Hmm. I don't have a save from around that point in the game, but I checked and there are definitely six spots for golems (marked by pentagrams on the floor). I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree until someone can present more conclusive evidence.

I think I used a max Dexterity Shadowwalker with lots of +Evade gear and the entire middle column maxed +3.

Strategy was to aggro them and run near the stairs and into a corner. Then drink elixir of battle and use a blessing crystal. Then, the idea is that only 3 of them can hit you at a time +3 more with Circle of Fire. Reposition yourself with Shadowstep so that the three facing you are the glowing ones. Or two. Two is alright, too, because then the total damage you're taking is reduced by roughly 30%.

From there, you're probably going to have Battle Frenzy on every turn thanks to the passive. You're also regenerating for a while, so the damage shouldn't be bad. Oh, and their attacks should be missing/getting riposted VERY OFTEN. From there on, just whittle the glowing ones down first. If you need to heal, use a scarab. If the scarab is in cooldown and you really need healing, use ability. If all else fails, potions, but you probably won't need to aside from the initial two potions.

I can imagine the Blademaster can do it, too, if one maxes out parry and resistances. He might even have an easier time.

Sorceress would seem to be impossible. Shaman should be doable. Tinkermage should be pure cake.

A sorceress with battle frenzy and a teleport scarab can jump from one side of the room to the other. Hit the group with icy rain or firestorm, use a recovery potion/elixir, then do another teleport jump when they move up to attack. It only takes a few jumps even on torment.

A blademaster can do something similar with sharpshooter spray for the attack.