A3:RW Escape from troglodyte castle

I rid Vothkaro of his turbulent priest Elhioc, but I can't escape.

If I climb back up the ladder to my cell, the cell gate is closed and, unlike before, wandering aimlessly about my cell does not prompt any of my hosts to open the gate. If I try to climb up the other ramps from the lower level I get politely and firmly turned back by Vothkaro's bouncers. And there's a big green barrier which doesn't respond to Dispel Barrier or a piercing stone.

The Contract inventory item says that I'm supposed to take the passage to the south, and I assume that's the same passage that Vothkaro told me to use if I wished to run away like a coward; I figure the exit remains the same, but I have a choice about whether or not to go and commit murder first.

How am I supposed to get out of the troglodyte castle after putting two in the back of Elhioc's head?

Edited by Xela
Title correction

I had a similar problem, except my singleton's damage wasn't high enough, so I attempted to flee after clearing the path to Elhioc. Gate was closed.

I ended up using the escape code (shift-D, backtostart) to get out of the castle. I did notice that on re-entering the castle, you get re-captured, but both doors are open. 

Sounds like a legitimate bug, though I'm not sure what circumstances are required to produce it.

False alarm. Turns out I only thought that I'd capped Elhioc. I missed another part of the map where Elhioc actually was. Once I really put two in the back of his skull then the cell gate opened again.

Fortunately my party was tough enough to take him out; the point about being able to escape if the fight is too difficult is a good one.