A:EftP - Tower of Barriers Fountain

Killed everything in Tower of Barriers. Talked to Helen and Ellen about drinking from the fountain 3 times. Followed suggestions posted at http://spiderwebforums.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/19188-getting-into-tower-of-barriers-fountain-on-way-to-hawthorne/ and http://spiderwebforums.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/16916-khoths-little-secrets/ .

How do I get to the fountain?

There is a hidden switch in the northeast hidden behind a statue. Use the "u" command to see it highlighted with or as some one said shake hands with the statue since the switch is next to the hand.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. You will lose it otherwise once you realize that Jeff is really that nasty about hiding things behind objects so they can be barely seen. :)

The problem is that the suggestions are useless and unhelpful.

Others have apparently found them useful. Venting frustration is fine, but you want to be careful where you aim it.

I'd like to post a screenshot for you, but I'm having some technical difficulties of my own. Perhaps someone else can step in.

I'd post a screenshot of the switch (I just went and took one), but I can't figure out how to upload images here ... If someone could let me know, I'd be happy to post my shot.

In the meantime, the tricky thing about the switch is that it is completely hidden by one of the statues. It only shows up if you hover your mouse right over its location. Trying moving the pointer around the statue until it shows up. Also, the switch requires a high tool use to open, so even once you find it, you may not be able to use it.

I'd post a screenshot of the switch (I just went and took one), but I can't figure out how to upload images here ... If someone could let me know, I'd be happy to post my shot.

Use an image hosting service like http://www.imgur.com and enclose the URL of the uploaded image in tags.

I'm an idiot. I've been thoroughly scouring the northwest section of the inner and outer walls for the past few days, cursing all the way. Thanks for the screenshot. Much chagrined...

It does help if you actually read and follow the suggestions before dismissing them as useless, doesn't it? :)

Glad you've got it sorted out, anyway.