Avernum 4 savegame location (Win 7)

Elwro

Hi,

I want to stop playing A4 on my Win 7 laptop and switch to my PC. I cannot find the savegames anywhere! The \Program Files (x86)\Avernum 4\Data folder contains the 20 savegame folders, but they're filled with 4 bytes "temp" files. But the savegames load properly, so I know they're there somewhere. I searched for 30 minutes but I am unable to find them. Could anyone help? (And yes, all the hidden files and folders are displayed.)

Cheers,

L.

In win xp, they would have been in C:\Program Files\Avernum 4\Data, which was fairly obvious. However due to the security improvements in win vista & 7, ordinary users don't have permissions to write to C:\Program Files, so they end up in the user's 'virtual' Program Files as above. This will actually happen in the same way for all legacy apps.

This, together with script editing, is a reason why my advice is always is to give yourself ownership of the Avernum/Geneforge program folders. It just makes things easier all round, and if you're the only user of the computer, it makes no difference.