2 summon cap and beastmaster trait

Abhishek

I think the old boring character trait that is beastmaster can be bring back now like a very important trait because now summoning is capped and beastmaster will have some meaning may be increasin the limit to 3 or even more

depending upon xp penalty.

I want to know what other thinks about it

It could be, but Beastmaster was never worthwhile because you only summon useless critters. Summoning isn't worth a trait in general, and in A4-A6 it can't be implemented right anyway because character abilities have been removed.

—Alorael, who actually thinks a trait allowing you to summon more help total would be nice, although still probably underpowered and unused. It would be a funny trait, though, because the benefit is to the party, not the character.

The experience penalty of a trait actually has very little effect because experience gained scales with level. The higher your penalty, the lower your level is likely to be; the lower your level, the more experience you get and the faster you level up. A character with a 50% penalty doesn't end up at half the level of a 0% penalty character. The difference in levels is very small.

The result of this is that penalties can be ignored when you evaluate a trait. The real cost is the opportunity cost: you get two traits, so you have to make them count. An additional summoning slot just isn't worth a trait. An extra slot if you had four to begin with would be even more worthless.

—Alorael, who would maybe consider Beastmaster (Summoner?) if it gave hefty bonuses to everything you summoned. Actually having worthwhile allies in combat would be nice. It would be nicer if they'd stop stealing experience.

Yes a GREAT Idea i remember how i was feeling when my wraith killed black horror and i gained no xp for such a tough monster.

Jeff shud really remove this xp stealing.

It will be better if he divide the xp by the no of friendly npcs or summoned creature instead of taking entire xp

I think that emerland chestguard was the best armor of the game.

Am i right?

And randomizer u posted it somewhere else that a sword in fc test removes 100% fatigue

no it just removes 75% and even that doesnt come in practical.

Still best sword for those who is not melee warrior and want to use battle discipline

I started this thread to see what other says about this idea.

Thank god that top posters of forum liked this idea.So now i think that this topic has nothing of much discussion and soon it will disappear from front page but before this happens why dont you guys mail Jeff telling about this idea.May be such a annoying cap will be no more in a6

i can mail myself but i think that the effect of a mail by me and one by any three of you will be different.

Originally Posted By: Abhi
May be such a annoying cap will be no more in a6
i can mail myself but i think that the effect of a mail by me and one by any three of you will be different.

Maybe, but you are a paying customer, just like anybody else here. Jeff is probably going to be willing to listen to somebody who is putting food on his table.

Jeff created the summoning cap as a simple solution to our summoning up a horde of creatures to kill his poor boss monsters. As long as it works he'll keep it.

The Master of the Pit and Soultaker fights were what set Jeff over the edge. He asked the beta testers how they did the fights and got back too many of the same reports about summoning shades and backing off to nail the boss from a safe distance. smile

No randomizer I never posted that i want my infinite summon back.I always said that cap must be variable between 2 to 6 thats all.

I was annoyed that foes can summon infinite and i cant you are forced to assume that they can control them better than you so i thought that beastmaster trait with different definition will have real meaning(and it will be more practical,if i am a beastmaster than why not they) .Personally I never support infinite summon

• 2 weeks later...