Geneforge 5-Text Graphics

Loyalist Shaper

Well, I'm trying to play Geneforge 5 but the text just shows up as white blurs. I've tried re-installing and graphic card updating but nothing seems to work. I now my computer has enough memory to handle it, and the game runs smootly, but the texts doesn't show (text as in settings, welcoming message etc.)

Someone posted this in another thread. Check to make sure those two settings aren't both on.

Originally Posted By: SecretIdent123
Ok, I think I managed to solve the lagginess problem on my GMA 950 based laptop. I did the following:

1) Updated the drivers to the latest version available on the Intel website. That by itself didn't fix the problem, so see next step.

2) In Graphics Properties, 3D Settings menu, I set "Force S3TC Texture compression" to On, and "Force FXT1 Texture compression" to Off. That completely got rid of lagginess at the cost of minor reduction in graphics quality.

EDIT: setting both of these to On really degraded the graphics and made the text look all washed out.

Originally Posted By: Earth2025
get real graphic card if your motherboard has pci-e slot. that igp (and most of integrated) is meant for non gaming usage.

Ack. I'm totally clueless when it comes to cmoputers. How do you know if your graphics card is usable for gaming? I mean, I've played all Geneforge games (expect 5) on there, a bunch of GTA games, Need For Speed and even Halo and Dynasty Warriors 6 and those all run fine...

Originally Posted By: Loyalist Shaper
I'm totally clueless when it comes to computers. How do you know if your graphics card is usable for gaming?

If you can't play a game that means something in your computer needs fixing.

For example, I couldn't play The Witcher or Sacred 2 (and The Sims 2 is really slow) and I figured out it was my processor (an Intel Celeron) which was causing the problem.

Most games mention video cards and processors in their requirement list so go by that and see whether you meet them.

If you find a game that you can't run, research it and find out the reason why.

And you don't need to be a computer whiz to upgrade your computer, just bring it in to a computer shop and they're happy to do all the work for you. At a price of course! smile