• Announcements

• Attribute to Valor

Logging in   05/10/2017

If you had an account and can't log in as of 5/9/17, this may be because of a change in logins with new forum software. You can log in using your publicly displayed name (not your username) or your email address and the password you used before.   If you have problems with this, please ask any of the mods or admins. 
Chessrook44

Let's Play Avernum 6!

148 posts in this topic

Back into the Honeycomb we go, as we work to deal with the horde of monsters harassing Mertis. Man that was a while ago...

Yanno, this guy would probably love to join the Shapers from Geneforge... don't you all agree?

We may not get experience for it, but it's always nice to find our mortal foe already fighting some other irritating foes.

When trapped deep behind enemy lines with no way out and no idea when if ever you will be relieved, what do you do? Sabotage the enemy however possible.

Oh hey, I completely forgot about these guys! Nice!

Also, starting to run out of titles for these particular episodes...

I'm catching up, made it to silvar in your videos which is about 30 or so behind where you are now. Just wanted to say that I'm having a lot of fun watching. You might have made Avernum interesting for me.

I'm catching up, made it to silvar in your videos which is about 30 or so behind where you are now. Just wanted to say that I'm having a lot of fun watching. You might have made Avernum interesting for me.

Thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying! Now that said...

WHERE AM I?! I'M LOST!!!!

We finish our explorations in the swamp (for now) and move on across the northern bridge.

We take a small detour to rescue the slaves in the nearby caves. We also stumble upon a surprise encounter...

Finally we've reached the area around Formello. Time to start working our way around.

Yanno, while we're up here, we may as well do whatever we can to sabotage the Horde's war efforts.

Well, we're certainly doing well at weakening the Horde's forces and resources, wouldn't you agree?

Oh no no no, we're not murdering them, we're providing them with... harsh, real life practice scenarios. That end in death if you fail.

We finally make our way into the are underneath Formello and... oh hey, look what we found underneath...

Finally we break our way into Formello proper... so that we can deal with the Impaler himself.

Our mission accomplished, we're sent to Duvno to help an old friend with an insane task. Just another day for we adventurers...

Onward we go to the horned gate, to finish off the final member of the triad, Ess-Kalyn the Manburner.

I'll be honest, I'm happy with these past few episodes... I feel like I did well with the voice acting with these last few, and I'm proud of them.

It's been a while since we've had one of these, but it's a two-part episode, wherin we report back to Levitt and try to go back to the area around Formello.

I do apologize for less interesting episodes like this one. Sometimes you get epic dialog and dramatic scenes, and sometimes you just slog through killing enemies in a swamp.

I thought scuttlers were supposed to be low level pests... were these guys taking steroids or something?

This game is so long. You can't be too far from the end though since you've nearly visited every area on the map (up to episode 106 at the moment).

Do you expect things to take a further twist or start winding up soon?

This game is so long. You can't be too far from the end though since you've nearly visited every area on the map (up to episode 106 at the moment).

Do you expect things to take a further twist or start winding up soon?

It is indeed much longer than I expected... but recording-wise, I think I'm almost done. Probably finish the game this weekend, and I have about a week's worth of backlog so... soon. Very soon.

As for this video... I pretty much said all I had to say in it.

A two-parter this episode and... I'm afraid it's not that great. Kinda dull actually, at least the boss fight. Sorry.

A two-parter here as we report in to Tenevra, complete a few small things, and report in to the Castle.

We enter the lands of Melanchion at last and find a town populated by his worshipers.

At last we reach the dragon Melanchion, and perform a little diplomacy with him and the King of Avernum in this two-parter.

Yanno I wonder what these crafted items look like... do they have eyeballs plastered all over them or something? Are the stalks sticking out of them?

Onwards we go into the fort held by the Slith Horde... and also a region of it held by ghosts.

In the bowels of the caves, in the former halls of an ancient ally, the Scourgers await...

At long last, we return to the Great Portal to fix it, and finally finish the Avernum Saga.

I hope you guys enjoyed the games, and the LP as I did it. And I hope you decide to join me as I move on to the next game...

Avadon.

Blxz likes this

Thanks for an entertaining Let's Play! To be honest though, I haven't finished yet but I will.