Geneforge 3 Let's Play!

Chessrook44

I'm not wasting any time this time, and getting right into it, with this, my Let's Play of Geneforge 3! This should be good.

Once again, if you want to see my previous LPs you can view them here and here.

Be sure to let me know what you guys think! Your comments sustain me.

Good luck with this one! ^_^

I've never played as a Guardian, I always tend to play with magic oriented classes. In Geneforge, I rather play around with agents-infiltrators. Not sure if you will have problems with a pure melee warrior, though. Are you planning to play it without creations at all? You can team with Greta and Alwan, so I guess in this chapter that idea is more feasible. Also, I saw you discarded javelins, so, that means missile weapons would be discarded too? Or do you plan to stick with batons?

Good luck with this one! ^_^

I've never played as a Guardian, I always tend to play with magic oriented classes. In Geneforge, I rather play around with agents-infiltrators. Not sure if you will have problems with a pure melee warrior, though. Are you planning to play it without creations at all? You can team with Greta and Alwan, so I guess in this chapter that idea is more feasible. Also, I saw you discarded javelins, so, that means missile weapons would be discarded too? Or do you plan to stick with batons?

I can say now that, much like in the past, missile weapons and batons will only be used as last resort, and I will have some allied creations, in addition to Alwan and Greta. The only reason I didn't make the Fyora was because I REALLY dislike having uncontrolled creations/allies.

The most important stats early on for a solo guardian are MELEE and QUICK ACTION. Quick action allows you to 1 shot 1 kill enemies that aren't bosses with a good enough chance. Melee and to some respects strength allows you to hit them so you can 1 shot them in the first place. I don't think its possible to 1 shot 1 ko regular enemies with just raw strength and melee without at least a moderate QA. I may be wrong however. Edit: I thought this was a solo guardian, its not :mad:

There are MANY recruitable NPC creatures in G2. But you can't control their actions like you can with Greta and Alwan in G3, and they don't really talk much or have personality. G4 has a couple of recruitable creatures, but they are limited to specific segments of the game and which faction you're playing.

I find it interesting that Greta and Alwan in G3 are in some way the forerunners of the party members in Avadon - Jeff's first experiment with controllable party members who are NPCs with distinct personalities who speak and take independent actions, etc.

The last video gives me some problems; I'm not able to see more than 1 minute 43 seconds.

I was curious about the theory... let me guess, it's about spawners? Is the only creature I could see in that lapse ^_^

Problem's on your end I think, video's playing fine for me. I say either reset the vid, or maybe skip ahead to the 1:44 mark. One of those would probably work.

And yes, it is.

Intereresting theory about the spawners. It is definitely plausible. What I'm wondering about is what the function of those gems and crystals are. For the pylons I guess the gems would be some kind of magical battery for the pylon's spells. But what function do they fill for the spawner? Or are they perhaps some kind of byproduct of the Shaping process?

You do have a point about the Shapers "putting themselves on a pedestal". The reasoning for this is that the Shapers feel that if they don't command respect and fear, outsiders will become bold and start stealing Shaper secrets. Maybe if the Shapers treated outsiders a little bit better then maybe they could start trusting eachother better? Anyway, IMHO, Litalia is responsible for the death of several innocent gatherers, to me that makes her almost as bad as the Shapers. But her strategy is sound actually: do a "false flag" attack, blame the Shapers, sow dissent and then save the day, gaining allies against the Shapers in the process.

Heh, interestingly enough, there's no reason a Guardian can't be a ranged attacker, using Batons and Crystals and the like. He just doesn't have to rely on energy and essence, just ammo.

Anyway, at long, LONG last, we've finally made it to the keep of Lord Rahul.

And you have NO idea how frustrating it was trying to find a scalpel. Which I still didn't.

[media]

[/media]

[media]

[/media]