A:EftP - Trailer

Fancy!

Random nitpick: I still find it odd that the king Micah & Starrus graphics look like commoner graphics. I get that by king standards they're men of the people, but it was still a bit disappointing to wait for 75% of A6 to see the king, then find he looked a lot like the local blacksmith. I guess it's mostly because the king graphics don't do much besides stand in front of thrones, so it would be a waste of time/money to make them really elaborate.

Also: Jeff has a YouTube channel? News to me.

Hm..ive already noticed a few things that ive wished for for a while. Quick action is moved up to being unlocked, as is parry and sharpshooter-this leads to me to believe that there will be new skills in this game that were previously not in any of the prior avernum games.

Its actually a good thing as quick action is way too powerful in the beginning games as its almost an instant kill.

I can see the game structure of free-roaming hasnt changed. All good signs!

Originally Posted By: Mike B.
Well, with Avernum 6 I went out and bought a mac mini. My first mac and I must say that I use it more than Windows 7. My W7 box is just for games. Mac mini for everything else.

-Mike

I know for 2, maybe 3 Avernum games I used a Mac emulator. Luckily my girlfriend now has Mac so im all ready to go.

Originally Posted By: eXtremeJeep

I know for 2, maybe 3 Avernum games I used a Mac emulator. Luckily my girlfriend now has Mac so im all ready to go.

I have been trying to figure out how to do this for years. I wasn't sure it was possible; I thought I would have to partition a hard drive with a mac OS on it.

Originally Posted By: Beer and Motor Oil
Originally Posted By: eXtremeJeep

I have been trying to figure out how to do this for years. I wasn't sure it was possible; I thought I would have to partition a hard drive with a mac OS on it.
You can emulate OS 9, which will run the original Avernum trilogy but not current games, fairly easily with SheepShaver. Emulating OS X is a horse of a different color. You can emulate early versions of OS X, which also won't run current SW games but will run the original Avernum games with PearPC. I 've never actually used this, but I have heard it doesn't work very well. As for emulating a modern Mac, some people have successfully done it by modifying virtualization programs like VMware. However, the license for OS X specifically forbids running it in a virtual machine on a non-OS X host, so there are safeguards in place to prevent this, so this is not something with which anyone on the forum can help you.

Well, my purpose to running the emulated mac was because I didn't wanna wait on spiderweb games, so it would be of no use to me. And with work keeping me busy, I probably won't have time to partition a hard-drive and get a copy of the latest mac-os. Maybe I'll have it done by Avernum: The Crystal Souls...