Aid Shavon quest

Da_Hammer

I got to the river/lake with Shavon and was about to whack the gong when I decided I wasn't quite ready for this fight yet. So I left Shavon there and came back later. He was gone. I whacked the gong and managed to defeat the basilisk. And then I went and whacked the gong again. Don't ask me why. This time I get a message from Shavon telling me about how hard I have to hit it. He doesn't appear but the mother basilisk does reappear and I have to fight her again. Is this the way its suppose to go? Our because Shavon isn't around some bit isn't getting tripped?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am having the same problem, and wondered if there was any way round it? I am caught in an indefinite loop and seem to be able to fight the mother basilisk as many times as I like, whilst Shavon has vanished from the face of the Earth!

Does anybody know if this is fixed in the new beta version?

Thanks

If you're sure that you didn't do anything weird to break the game (which is highly unlikely), you probably have a corrupted save file. That tends to explain most trouble with things like this. Try going to an older save (if you have one) and seeing if it happens again.

I was playing 1.0.1, updated to the beta and it let me finish the quest, although if I go back there there are still endlessly respawning basilisks every time i hit the gong.

It is probably just a bug caused by the update due to the fact that I had technically already completed the mission twice (by defeating the basilisks twice).

I wouldn't worry, I'm pretty sure the beta has sorted it!

• 1 month later...

Sorry about bringing back an old topic, playing Windows v1.0, still have a bug with this quest.

First, can fight the basilisks multiple times. I believe it's because in z11dhorlawdlg.txt:

Missing an additional '(' after 'gf(11,21) == 0 &&' in the line: condition = gf(11,21) == 0 && ((char_ok(19)) && (dist_to_nav_point(19,0) <= 4)) || ((gf(11,26) > 0) && (gf(11,20) == 1) && (char_ok(19) == FALSE)));. Notepad++ shows an unbalanced parenthesis with the final ')'.

Second, Shavon disappeared. I did not get the message about him looking in the trapdoor after I beat the lizards at the top. But I did see him running away once I got to the bottom, but haven't seen him since. Wasn't waiting at the gong. I assume I can still complete the task, but haven't gone back yet.