Version:

Composite Score:

Best: 0%
Good: 25% (1/4)
Average: 50% (2/4)
Substandard: 25% (1/4)
Poor: 0% (0/4)

Keywords: Linear

Edited by nikki., 30 June 2013 - 03:31 PM.

sylae sylae

Wisebottom

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 5,482
  • 3,321 posts
  • LocationToledo, Ohio, United States

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:29 AM #2 Pilgrimage to Thrakos

This is spelled wrong, should be 'Thrakos'.

Falcon Falcon

Citizen

• Member ID: 8,666
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:26 PM #3 Pilgrimage to Thrakos

This scenario is very short and completely linear. No bugs detected. Decent story and I like the scene but it all ends too quick. There is just not much content.  I give it a 3 out of 5.

Dintiradan Dintiradan

Eye of Argon

• Member ID: 4,273
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:57 AM #4 Pilgrimage to Thrakos

Disclaimer: I am not a frequent BoE player. Take this with a grain of salt.

Content: This is a short, very linear scenario. It's got some pretty flavour text, but not much more than that.

Story: Don't expect talkative NPCs in this scenario. Instead, you get some very well written narrative that adds a lot to the experience. The third person perspective of the party was neat.

Pacing: The narrative adds to the excitement. You're also always being thrown into combat, which works in short linear scenarios like this one.

Combat: My first play, as a BoE virgin, had me thinking, "Wow, these goblins mean business. They must be edited." After playing a bit of VoDT, I tried again and realized that the goblins were not as tough as I first thought. Perhaps a BoE veteran could mow down the goblins with ease. I hope this isn't the case, as the story depends on these goblins being unbeatable. The end fight was tough, but that might be because I used up too much SP earlier on, and didn't let the NPCs take hits for me.

Scripting: *shrugs* I don't remember any special tricks, and I don't remember any bugs either.

Aesthetics: The town design for the last fight was a bit wonky; was it necessary to make the player jump through hoops (and possibly go the wrong way) just to get to the fight? Other than that I don't remember any problems.

Overall: Short, but to the point. AVERAGE
^<@<: Pronounced exactly as it's spelt.
Design Tutorial (incomplete) | The Metagame | AIMhack Crack Pairings
Artemis (Planning Thread)
Last ten games. What have you been playing lately?

lampshade lampshade

Soldier

• Member ID: 5,791
  • 139 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:50 AM #5 Pilgrimage to Thrakos

A simple scenario that is unfortunately very dull. I felt like I was pushed around the scenario way too quickly, and the combat was unimaginative hack and slash. I do greatly approve of making use of pictures though. SUBSTANDARD

The Almighty Doer of Stuff The Almighty Doer of Stuff

Heart of Avadon

• Member ID: 72
  • 4,402 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:05 PM #6 Pilgrimage to Thrakos

I had difficulty completing this scenario, but I somehow finished. I disagree with previous reviewers saying the combat was boring hack and slash. The combat was challenging and required using strategies I don't normally use. It took me many tries and several party builds, and it was frustrating, but it was satisfying when I hit upon winning strategies for each of the three battles.

The writing was interesting and engaging as well. For such a very short scenario, it packed a lot of flavor.

I wouldn't recommend it to novice players, but for more experienced players, it's a treat.

GOOD

Edited by The Almighty Doer of Stuff, 28 June 2013 - 02:25 PM.

The unofficial Blades of Exile merchandise shop: No markups, cheap prices, quality printing! Spread the word!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users