formulas?

xerex

Are there any formulas for the game publicly available? because I have a few that I worked out for avernum 5. I thought I would start a thread where others can post their results as well.

They haven't been tested beyond level 10 because I can't bring myself to go past the docks in avernum 5 and the editor can't seem to edit level, but they work for at least the first 10 levels I think

human/nephil_health=38+(1.1*(level+1)*end/2) (rounded down)

slith health = 1.1*(human/nephil_health) (rounded_down)

mana=11+int*(level+1)

armor%=1-(X)*(1-armor)*(1-Hard*.02)*(1-luck*.01)

X=.8 for divinely touched

X=.9 for thick skin

X=.72 for both

there are other magical protections that I haven't factored in yet.

This means that you could, theoretically, be immune to almost all damage if you had 50 hardiness, but the editor only lets you go up to 40.

I did an analysis of armor and resistance as well which never got linked in the Strategy Central topic. IIRC, all resistances (including armor) are capped at 90% for anything that displays on the status screen, which includes equipment, traits, and most skills (Hardiness, Luck, etc). Parry and protective spells can mitigate damage further, but even with extraordinary Parry and all the buffs I don't think it would get past an effective 96% or so. And regardless, damage is prevented randomly. With 90% armor, each point of physical damage has a 90% chance of being blocked. So you can always take full damage and you can always take no damage (unless you have 0% armor), the chances are just beyond microscopic.