Gladwells offer

nekoyasa

I dont know if it's good or bad to take Gladwells offer. It seems like it might turn out bad to be controlled by him in parts of the game, but the increased levels you get for accepting are hard to pass up. I'm playing 2 games, one with taking the offer and one without. But I keep getting myself confused trying to go between the two games as to what I've done and not done in each. I want to continue just one game and I'm not sure which one to pick.

It depends on your role playing style. In one you will need to be evil at times and do things that will make towns and areas very angry with you.

A while back I did some analysis and showed that you can pretty much get his stat boost a bit later if you do not accept the geas without doing all those nasty things. Granted, this is not until near the end of the game.

Really, it comes down how you want to play the game. In the long run, I see Gladwell as not worth it, but there is added play value.

For most people the added stats and items for taking Gladwell's offer pay off. It's better for a full party than a singleton.

The downside is that you can't join the Anama. The Anama and a few other places will become hostile so you have to finish with them before acquiring Gladwell's items. It is possible to get the geas removed so you can use it as a part game boost and just turn in only the first item, even though you need to get the second as well (save it for other interested parties).

It really goes to how you feel about a Faustian bargain.