Soultaker's Pit -- more than just a standard undead dungeon?

Mav

I've kinda ignored the Soultaker's Pit and the "mental picture" shades since it was a bit off the main quest, but I was just wondering if there was really any "backstory" to be had in that section before I do the usual dungeon raid on it. From what I've read the Soultaker himself is the usual bad guy, but is there any reason (to be found in Melanchion's area or beyond) to leave the "shades of a ruined civilization" alone? Or is just a matter of Jeff playing devious mind and morality games on us? (As in "you _could_ purge 'em all for gold/exp/equipment, but wouldn't you feel guilty about it?")

Yup, I'll give it a shot. I think my lvl 29/30 Semi-Fearsome Foursome is up to the task (though maybe I'll get my healer to level 30 and quaff some of my saved Knowledge Brews to gain access to the top-level priest spells first). The Hraithe Lord kicks my #$$, but the Soultaker's Pit should be more manageable...I hope. wink