secret doors

srsterno

What is the trick here? Some doors (back door to Rat Lord's cave) I see and open fine. Other times it "looks" like there is a trigger on the wall, but I cannot click on it to open the door. I believe I read on the boards there is a secret room in Lark's tower - I can see the trigger, but can't seem to activate it...

Anyone else notice this? Thanks!

There are many things that look like triggers but aren't actually any more than black dots on walls. Using 'u' will reveal the real ones, but sometimes Jeff is just a big tease.

—Alorael, who actually likes this system a lot more than the old wall-bashing. As much fun as hitting walls was, this requires a tiny bit more actual searching.

Jeff put in fake triggers and inaccessible rooms to compensate for the automap revealing possible locations of rooms and secret doors. It makes you have to think and explore to find the real way through.

The secret room in Lark's upper level isn't available until the last part of the game. Unless you have tool use of 40. smile

Ok so, to avoid creating unnecesary topics I'll put my question here, after all it's related.

I'm playing the demo. I haven't been to the Lord of the rats cave yet smile

But since I started, one Nephilim in the blackchasm outpost told me there were noises, like scratches in his room. I went there and I got a message saying that it sounds as if someone was on the other side of the wall.

It seems to me there is something like a hidden tunnel(?). Is it accesible during the demo? -don't tell me how, I'll figure it out, or is it a part of the game that is revealed further in the game? -say when you have the full version? wink

Thanks,