Help with archery skills

tbbd

This is what I have for my party:

(1)slith/pole with DT and EW

(2)cat/mage with DT and NM

(3)cat/priest with DT and PS

(4)cat/archer with DT and Deadeye (this character has 3 points in Mage and Priest Spells, and all the TU, the rest will go into the archery skills I was needing help with. So main focus will be archery, but she can cast a heal, cure, haste, etc when needed.)

And of course the main 3 have all the AL, NL, First Aid spread between them.

Question 1:

From what I've read, the thrown wpns do more damage than bows, but they are in limited supply so I should just use them for boss fights. So what I should do is use a bow for normal running around and for the important fights pull out the thrown. My archer is cat(however ya spell Nep) with Deadeye and Divine Touch, so she starts with 2 points in each bows and thrown and 3 points in sharpshooter

What I'm not sure of for the best route is:

(1)Invest in both the bows and thrown skills, so I can use either with fair amount of skill.

(2) Or should I just dump all m points into thrown and just what I start with is good enough for normal fighting (and of course just buy training for the bow skill later)

Now, I think I should go for option 2, cause this character is really just a support person. Therefore I should invest in making the most of the boss fights and let the rest of the party handle the normal fights if the bow isn't keeping up with the others

Question 2:

Once I raise the Dex and whatever archery skill to get trainable in Sharpshooter, is there any point to continue training Dex after I have the requirement for SS. If not, then should I continue to raise just the wpn skills, or both SS and wpn skill together or I should I start putting all the points into just SS. Not sure what the best route would be later on. And if Dex is still needed, do I just up it a point every once in while, or concentrate on raising that instead of the other skills.

Sry for the long drawn post, but I wanted to try to be as detailed as I could so there is better understanding of what I'm asking. Thanks for your help.

First it makes some difference what difficulty level you are playing at. Normal level means you won't get hit all the time whereas by torment it's autohit.

1. You should put some to bows and missle weapons since that will count as combat skills towards getting battle disciplines. You can train later for swords and pole weapons by spending money. It doesn't take much of an investment in skill points to do sword type damage with missle weapons.

Divine touch will give you blademaster in case you need melee attacks.

Battle disciplines that you use early in the game like shield breaker to increase damage to target in later attacks and leg sweep to decrease an opponent's to hit in normal difficulty are very important. Well aimed blow gives 50% more damage.

2. You usually don't need more dexterity than what is needed for getting special skills. Go with sharp shooter or whatever is cheapest in skill point cost at the time from bows and missle weapons.