Loss of Essence in Geneforge 1.03

Nuke

When I updated Geneforge 3 to the latest new version, I can no longer gain any essence even when my creatures are killed. I returned to version 1.0.2 but that does not help. How do I regain my lost essence. It also seems that none of my experience or skill points increase over time as I travel through Harmony Island. How do I get these problems fixed also.

Hope you can help!

Frank

Stop drinking fluoridated water.

Seriously, though, are you not regaining lost essence even when you stand next to an essence pool or rest in a friendly town? Even when you have no creations? And your essence bar isn't already full?

If you're not gaining experience, it could just be because you're at too high a level for the things you're killing to give you any XP.

OK, first thing: try holding shift+D and a bar will pop up. Type "rechargeme" and your essense should go up depending on how many creations you have. If you have none, it should be at max.

If that dosen't work, then you have a problem with your game. You might have to re-download the game, because that's the only thing I can think that would fix your problem.

Hope that helps.

-Toenail

Hi Thuryl and TOENAIL,

Thanks for the replies. Basically, I only have one creature and I usually had about 10% of the essence bar filled whenever I sat next to an essence pool before the v1.0.3 update. I now have 0% no matter how long I stand next to a pool or after I kill off my creature. I tried the shift-D and rechargeme command and nothing happened. I don't think any of the other cheats work either (not that I know many - only two!!! - know where there is a list of others). I also could never seem to get my essence to increase much, if at all, since I started this game - I'm on Harmony Island now and have cleaned out everything on the island except for the Northwest corner as the creatures wipe me out in 10 seconds since I have no essence to combat them with!!!.

Appreciate any help - one question is if I reinstall the game will I lose my saved games??

Thanks,

Nuke

It's always a good idea to back up your saved games before reinstalling.

It's possible that your saved games were corrupted, so I'd suggest trying to start a new game in your current version and, if that doesn't work, starting a new game after a clean install. If that new game is fine, you can try opening old saved game.