Avernum 4 Traits and Skills Editor

Red_Sage

Hey guys, i've been getting a fair bit of interest in the "editor" I wrote some weeks ago. Sorry for not actually uploading it. It was sort of a quick weekend hobby project to figure out the save format and ehm redistribute some points... Anyways I really didnt think far forward cause I wrote it in C# and targeted the .Net 2.0 platform. I apologize for this, although in the future, thanks to projects like this , targeting .net would gurantee cross platform availability.

But if you have windows and a fast internet connection then I suggest you download the .Net 2.0 platform anyway. Lots of new stuff gonna need it and you're gonna have to get it sooner or later.

* Avernum 4 Skills/Traits Editor

To use it goto your avernum directory open the folder corresponding the slot you wish (i.e. save17, i believe is quicksave) and open the file "data".

------

private int[] off_arr = new int []{24006,29158,34310,39462 }; //offsets for each character

fs.Seek(curr_off, SeekOrigin.Begin); //c_data, s_data etc are all of type byte or unsigned char for C++ people.

fs.Read(c_data, 0, 61);//stats

fs.Seek(19, SeekOrigin.Current);

fs.Read(s_data, 0, 79);//spells

fs.Seek(241, SeekOrigin.Current);

fs.Read(t_data, 0, 29);//traits

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally written by Archmagus Micael:
Okay. You can get this new file you wanted uploaded Here .

A quesiton - is this meant to work on a WIN computer, or only on MAC? Because the file I just uploaded crashed on winXP.

- Archmagus Micael
Do you have the .Net framework installed? And is it the latest version? If not, I assume that might be the reason it doesn't work for you.

• 1 year later...

Well, then you might want to email Red Sage about it. There's a button next to his post that says 'Profile'. Click there, and you'll find his email address.

Emailing the creator of the trainer tends to work better than posting in a topic that's been dead for a year. Just so you know.

• 1 year later...
Originally Posted By: Red_Sage
Hey guys, i've been getting a fair bit of interest in the "editor" I wrote some weeks ago. Sorry for not actually uploading it. It was sort of a quick weekend hobby project to figure out the save format and ehm redistribute some points... Anyways I really didnt think far forward cause I wrote it in C# and targeted the .Net 2.0 platform. I apologize for this, although in the future, thanks to projects like this , targeting .net would gurantee cross platform availability.

But if you have windows and a fast internet connection then I suggest you download the .Net 2.0 platform anyway. Lots of new stuff gonna need it and you're gonna have to get it sooner or later.

* Avernum 4 Skills/Traits Editor

To use it goto your avernum directory open the folder corresponding the slot you wish (i.e. save17, i believe is quicksave) and open the file "data".

------
private int[] off_arr = new int []{24006,29158,34310,39462 }; //offsets for each character

fs.Seek(curr_off, SeekOrigin.Begin); //c_data, s_data etc are all of type byte or unsigned char for C++ people.
fs.Read(c_data, 0, 61);//stats
fs.Seek(19, SeekOrigin.Current);
fs.Read(s_data, 0, 79);//spells
fs.Seek(241, SeekOrigin.Current);
fs.Read(t_data, 0, 29);//traits

this one isnt working ether