How does Dominate work?

Quote:

Spellcraft increases chance of a succesfull spell, increases chance of any spell to be succesfull (read the instructions)
I knew that bit...

Quote:

Increaseing Mental Magic and Spellcraft will increase efficency, i.e duration of spell. Increaseing Intelligence will not.
How do you know this?

The insturctions says bluntly what will boost ALL magic, what all magic is base don, which is Said type level, Said level of spell and level of Spellcraft. It goes for all spells in the game, and i seriously doubt JEff would give Dominate a diffrent script just for the hell of it and not even mentioning it in the Instructions.

Quote:

The insturctions says bluntly what will boost ALL magic, what all magic is base don,
I know that, Contra. However, it doesn't specifically mention spell duration, especially relating to Dominate. So I'm not 100% sure.

I know that with Spellcraft+Mental Magic increases likelihood to hit enemy with Dominate, likelihood to charm (it specifically mentions this in the instructions). But not the duration of the domination.

Spiderweb has never been great at giving in detail descriptions, but then what average gamer wants to know abou the mechanics of the game?

Mental+SC will boost spell efficency, meaning both accuracy and duration (You notice this when you got high SC and Blessing Magic, Speed tends to last for ages). As i said before, it would be highly unlikely that they decided that just for one spell Int would be a factor of power. SO unlikely that it is safe to say that it is untrue.